In my May 1 post I challenged myself to ask God the following question: How can Your beauty overwhelm me?
Here are my experiences in no particular order.
– The innocence of all three of my children while they sleep. They are 6, 12 and 17 years of age.
– Enjoying my French press coffee that I make each morning
– Sharing my French press coffee with peers at work on Friday afternoons
– Looking at the clouds in the sky each day
– Enjoying my dog who wants to play each day
– When my 6 year old son spontaneously comes up to me and starts tickling me
– When I stop worrying
– Walking the dog at night with my daughter
– When someone shares something about themselves that I never knew
– Beautiful fields of trees
– When I reserve judgement and simply accept things
– Walking in nature
– Exploring a new town or city on foot with my family
– When I push my six yr old son on our swing set
– Talking with my older son while driving him to and from his friends.
– Kindergarten kids singing songs for their spring concert
What did I learn from this experience? I learned that God wants me to experience Him with all of my senses: sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing. I think I will continue to ask myself this very question each morning and let God take me where I need to go.
How will you experience the beauty of God?