Summer 2020 Sale. Up to 75% off on over 400 titles
See titles 65-75% off below.
Did you know Sounds True has wonderful audios, videos and online courses by authors and teachers such as: Thomas Keating, Richard Rohr, Cynthia Bourgeault, James Finley, Parker Palmer, Brene Brown, Eckhart Tolle, David Frenette, Adyashanti, Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach, Jon Kabat-Zin, Pema Chodron, Thich Nhat Hanh?
Purchasing products through my affiliate links help me pay my expenses. Thank you.
Centering Prayer Course: A Training Course for Opening to the Presence of God – Centering Prayer is a silent prayer practice that can move you toward a profound relationship with the Spirit of God within. It is a way of praying that opens the door to the Divine Indwelling—the ground of our being. With Centering Prayer, Father Thomas Keating and his colleagues Gail Fitzpatrick-Hopler and Father Carl Arico present the first online course in this method for deepening your intimacy with God and ultimately consenting to the presence and action of the Divine in all aspects of your life.
The Contemplative Journey (Volume I) is Father Thomas Keating’s great masterwork: a complete curriculum devoted to a Christian path for achieving the still point of resting in God. 65% off
Learn More About:
- The complete history, theory, and daily practice of Centering Prayer
- What the medieval saints knew about resting in God
- The sacred word that revitalizes your prayers
- How to heal the irrational drives that can sabotage your spiritual growth
The Contemplative Journey (Volume II) is Father Thomas Keating’s great masterwork: a complete curriculum devoted to a Christian path for achieving the still point of resting in God. 65% off
Learn More About:
- The four elements essential to your spiritual health
- Three on-the-spot questions to diagnose core troubles
- How to overcome deeply ingrained habits with prayer
- Mastering the three essential human relationships
- The true purpose of marriage
- How to use Centering Prayer as a spiritual antibiotic
The Art of Letting Go: Living the Wisdom of Saint Francis – Fr. Rohr gives us a six-session learning course that explores: the surprising richness we discover through simplifying our lives (without taking a vow of poverty); liberation from our self-limiting biases and certitudes; contemplation and action, two key steps toward communing more deeply with the Divine; and more. 65% off
- Discuss the life of St. Francis of Assisi.
- Identify the difference between the true self and the false self.
- Explain the non-dual aspects of Jesus’s teaching.
- Practice contemplative prayer.
The Enneagram and Grace: 9 Journeys to Divine Presence by Richard Rohr and Russ Hudson – Fr. Richard Rohr and Russ Hudson offer a deep study of the Enneagram as a powerful spiritual tool. The Enneagram has become many things to many people, but its roots are profoundly spiritual and are based in the studies of the Desert Fathers, the world’s first Christian monastics. At its core, the Enneagram addresses the question of how we fail to recognize the presence of Grace in our lives. It helps us see the psychological issues that cause us to forget the Divine Presence here in each moment.
Since the time of the Desert Fathers in the third century, Finley begins, Christian mystics have practiced meditation as a way of opening to the direct presence of God in daily life. Legendary seekers such as Saint John of the Cross, Saint Teresa of Avila, and Meister Eckhart explored how meditation can lead us beyond the closed horizon of the ego, to an interior and holy refuge that is always available to us. On Christian Meditation, James Finley offers a gentle introduction to this all-transforming way of life, and the ever-deepening realization of oneness with Christ it leads us to. 75 % off
- Christian meditation—its history, traditions, and root practices
- Where life’s needless complexity comes from
- Faith in Christ—the foundation of Christian meditation
- Poverty of speech and the sacred silence of meditation
- The arenas of daily life, and how meditation can enrich them
- How to move beyond the tyranny of the past and change it to the truth of the present moment
- Vulnerability—its your key to attaining grace
- The present moment and the eternal now, beyond time
- The three principles for a contemplative life, and how to practice them
- A way of seeing that sets us free from our egos
- Guidelines for correct posture, breathing, and getting started
- More than seven hours of teachings, practices, and meditations in the Christian tradition
75 % off
Thomas Merton’s Path to the Palace of Nowhere: The Essential Guide to the Contemplative Teachings of Thomas Merton – Now James Finley, who for six years lived, prayed, and studied with Brother Louis, as Merton was known at the Abbey of Gethsemani, shares with us the gifts passed on to him by this towering figure. 75% off
The Teachings of Meister Eckhart: An Invitation to Experience God in Every Moment: The 13th-century mystic Meister Eckhart was the most brilliant Christian scholar of his day, but he was also legendary for the way that he opened listeners to the direct experience of God during his public talks. Today, his written wisdom remains alive as ever, ready to illuminate us. James Finley, one of today’s best-known teachers of the Christian contemplative tradition, invites us into Eckhart’s insights in the same way that this luminary teacher delighted in sharing them—through the spoken word.
75 % off
LONGING AND BELONGING | The Complete John O’Donohue Audio Collection
- To Bless the Space Between Us: Blessings of comfort and illumination for the thresholds we all must cross in life.
- Beauty: The Invisible Embrace: Spiritual lessons behind our soul-level hunger for what is beautifu.l
- Eternal Echoes: Reflections on our yearning to belong, and our possibilities for self-discovery, friendship, and creativity.
- The Inner Landscape: A Celtic exploration of paradox as a means to find light in the darkest valleys of our inner terrain.
- The Divine Imagination: A pathway to experiencing divinity as a lyrical and tender force present in all things.
- The Invisible World: An odyssey of Celtic prayers, blessings, and teachings that honor the sacred unknown.
- Anam Cara: Deep insights into the heart of Ireland’s spiritual wisdom and practice.
Thich Nhat Hanh
Three Essential Works: The Art of Mindful Living, Living Without Stress or Fear, and Teachings on Love
Three life-changing titles from the Nobel Peace Prize nominee and Zen Buddhist master. 65% off
RESURRECTING JESUS | Embodying the Spirit of a Revolutionary Mystic
Twelve audio sessions reveal the life of Jesus as a force for our own radical awakening.
- Jesus as spiritual revolutionary
- Discovering your essence as divine being
- Listening with the ears of myth and metaphor
- Meeting your trials and tribulations as a gateway to realization
- Moving beyond temptations to spiritual alignment
- Repentance as a change of heart
- The deeper motive for Jesus’ healing ministry
- The wise use of power
- Forgiveness and spiritual clarity
- Breaking through the structures of ignorance and separation
- Faith as the entryway to the Kingdom of Heaven
- The parable of the mustard seed
- The parable of the sower
- Opening our eyes to the miracles all around us
- “Quiet, be still”—the most potent spiritual practice
- Moving from relationship to God to identity as God
- The heart of spirituality: connecting to the transcendent mystery of existence
- The mystical body of Christ we all share
- The Crucifixion and the death of the ego self
- The mystery of the resurrection
- “What is truth?” The fundamental question of our lives
- Eleven hours of teachings on the life of Jesus as a template for spiritual awakening
Three Essential Works: The Art of Presence, Entering the Now, and The Realization of Being
Three titles to immerse us in the spaciousness and beauty of the present moment.
On Encountering the Wisdom Jesus, this brilliant author and dynamic Episcopalian priest presents her first full-length audio course about rediscovering the Master of Wisdom. Twelve immersive sessions cover: the parables as wisdom tools; Jesus’s teachings about kenosis (or self-emptying: a path as radical today as it was 2,000 years ago); Jesus as tantric master; Centering Prayer, an approach to meditation as Jesus lived it, and much more. The early Christians, teaches the Reverend Cynthia Bourgeault, were afire with the spirit of Jesus, inspired fully by his teaching of a total transformation of consciousness. How do we reclaim that fire today?
David Frenette’s book The Path of Centering Prayer re-energized the Centering Prayer tradition with its fresh insights and teachings. This companion audio program—created to be equally rewarding as a stand-alone guide—gives listeners an immersive resource to learn contemplative prayer, step by step and in the moment. With clarity and compassionate presence, Frenette explains the essential principles of this contemplative practice for both new and seasoned practitioners, and then guides us experientially through core prayers and meditations.