Do you wake up in the middle of the night and cannot sleep?
When this happens to me I often take a Centering Prayer sit.
I might shorten it to 5-7 minutes.
Usually something weighs on my mind.
With the use of my sacred word I let it go.
I give it to God.
God does not want me to lie restless through the night.
I imagine it is God who nudges me to sit.
God is delighted to take my worry or anxiety and replace it with love, peace and wisdom.
I often feel better after this sit and easily fall back asleep.
The next time you wake up in the middle of the night, don’t lie there until the morning arrives.
Trust God’s nudge.
Take a silent sit.
Go Further with Martin Laird:
An Ocean of Light: Contemplation, Transformation, and Liberation by Martin Laird
A Sunlit Absence: Silence, Awareness, and Contemplation by Martin Laird
I have availability for 1-2 more One on One coaching clients? Contact me for more information.
Enjoy my newest short video: How do you go deeper in God?
Check out my Centering Prayer Tip over at the Contemplative Light site.
See what others have to say about my upcoming book slated to release by Anamchara Books in late August 2020.
Prayer-Bracelet: Authentic Orthodox prayer ropes and bracelets are handmade by monks in the Orthodox monastaries reciting a prayer for every knot they tie. Peruse their prayer ropes and bracelets that are all handmade, provided by several orthodox churches around the globe.
CENTERING PRAYER COURSE | A Training Course for Opening to the Presence of God
Father Carl Arico, Father Thomas Keating, Gail Fitzpatrick-Hopler
- Define the history and nature of Centering prayer with roots in the Contemplative Christian tradition through online video, audio and written presentations.
- Practice the formal method of Centering Prayer utilizing online practice sessions, inspirational poetry, and music.
- Utilize, reflect upon, and answer online questions pertaining to the relevance of Centering Prayer as it relates to one’s own life.
- Discuss and outline the psychology of Centering Prayer, including the “seven moments” of Centering Prayer along with the four levels of awareness.
Sounds True Summer Sale: Up to 75% off on courses by Richard Rohr, James Finley, Thomas Keating, John O’Donohue, Thich Nhat Hanh, Adyashanti, Eckhart Tolle, Brene Brown and more.
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks – This is a great way to listen to books with your cell phone while you drive, walk or relax at home. I frequently listen in my car during my commute to and from work. I’m a proud affiliate.
The Monk Manual 90-Day Planner was created for:
- Working Professionals who value personal growth and see their work as a means towards becoming their best self, not just a paycheck.
- Entrepreneurs who are heavy on action but lite on time, so they can better live out their personal mission and enjoy the freedom of running their own business.
- Parents looking for balance and a system to help structure the frenzy of parenthood and their career.
- Students interested in discovering their purpose and bringing intentionality to their academic and personal lives.
- Spiritual Seekers looking to live a more integrated spirituality and gain a deeper sense of peace and purpose in their daily life.
Purchasing products through my affiliate links helps me to meet my expenses. Thank you.