I recently read Dream Big: Figure Out What You Want, Why You Want It, and What You’re Going to Do About It by Bob Goff.
In his book Bob asks us to respond to three questions:
Who are you?
Where are you?
What do you want?
Let’s take a look at,
Where are you?
What does Bob mean by this?
Bob is not saying where are you physically located right now.
- I am in a job that bores me but pays the bills.
- I want to diet and exercise but don’t know how to begin.
- I am looking for a new relationship.
- I am grieving the loss of my spouse.
- I want to begin a new career path.
- I want to improve my relationship with my family.
- I want to write a book.
- I want to find a new hobby.
- I want to volunteer my time.
- I want to go deeper in my relationship with God.
- You fill in the __________.
Before we move to “what we want to do” we have to be honest with “where we are” right now.
This is our starting point.
“Where you are today is simply the harbor from which your ship is about to sail.”
That is the good news.
Where we are now does not need to remain where we will be in the future.
I like to take my “where I will be in the future” into my Centering Prayer sits.
I let them go to God.
I let them rest in God.
I partner with God on them.
After my sits if I still have an inner peace and excitement about them and they do not harm me or others, I move forward.
Fear of getting out of my comfort zone is never a reason to not move forward.
I like to list the actions I can take.
These are small steps I can take each day to move forward.
I have noticed clarity comes with my daily action steps.
I can adjust along the way if I notice something is not working.
And I make certain to take breaks.
I might take a weekend off to reset and refresh.
The most important thing is to START and keep moving.
Small incremental steps each day will lead to massive and beautiful change over time.
After taking this powerful course, you will know:
- The path of mystical transformation
- The four main mystical types
- The three eras of mystical flowering in the Christian West
- The lives, key teachings, challenges, and major works of TWENTY of the Christian mystics
Enjoy my newest video: What is a mini silent sit?
Stay tuned for my upcoming book scheduled to be published by Anamchara Books on August 20, 2020.
I have availability for 1-2 One on One Coaching clients. Contact me to learn more.
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks – This is a great way to listen to books with your cell phone while you drive, walk or relax at home. I frequently listen in my car during my commute to and from work. I’m a proud affiliate.
I just updated my Resource Page. Feel free to check it out.
Purchasing products through my affiliate links helps me meet my expenses. Thank you.