How can I let this Love in me flow into the world?
One way is to listen to people.
We are all in such a hurry to speak.
When we listen, we often do not really listen.
We only think about what we plan to say.
We love others best, however, when we just listen.
We give people the space to show up and speak their truth.
When they speak their truth, we are on holy ground.
Some of my most joyful moments are when I quietly sit with my family.
All I do is listen and watch.
We enjoy each other’s presence.
At mealtime, for example, I ask questions and then quiet myself to listen.
My son shares funny stories from his day at middle school.
My daughter discusses her drawing class at the community college.
Read more in Sitting with God.
You May Be Interested In This Course If:
- You have struggled with starting or maintaining a meditation practice
- You are looking to deepen your relationship to God
- You are a fan of Thomas Keating, Cynthia Bourgeault, Richard Rohr, or Thomas Merton
- You want an online community of support for spiritual maturity and growth
- You want both the Theory and Practice of Centering Prayer
this post may contain affiliate links